2011年12月2日 星期五

Seven Ways to Stay Calm In a Difficult Situation

When a difficult situation develops at work, things tend to happen to make it even worse. Staying calm is crucial to working things out – the calmer you are, the more likely you will be able to work out what went wrong and sort out the mess.

Here are seven tips I bear in mind when things go wrong:


1. Remind myself there is no unsolvable issue at work. All I need is a little time to figure out.

2. Try to focus on myself and not spend time worrying about what others might be thinking.

3. Remind myself that, however bad things seems, the sun will rise tomorrow – no matter what!

4. Nothing is ever over. Even if someone say ‘It’s over’, it may still be back.

5. Not having handled things perfectly does not define who I am for the rest of my life.

6. Even if I made a serious mistake, I still have the rest of my life to make up to it.

7. Try not to over-think. Sometimes too much thinking makes things even worse.

If the above doesn’t seem to work, try reading the tips one after one – that usually works !